Cool stuff today. I will save you some reading time by just jumping right into the two big things this week:
- Entry Deadlines- Never in your life will you be so excited about deadlines (well, maybe not as excited as dColumbus and his Sarcastic Clapping)! Every competition will now have a deadline for entering in a competition, depending on its length. You will be able to vote on entries however, anytime, until the very end. Make those votes count!
- Groups- We redesigned the look and feel of Groups, but also have expanded some aspects of it to make competing in a group more fun:
- Points- Going forward (not retroactive), the points you win in group competitions will be tracked within your group. Now you can see who the heavy hitters are, the people that bring their A game to your group!
- Roles- Groups now can have multiple Owners, Captains and Members, to help keep the group running ever so smoothly and efficiently. Read here for more.
- Improved pages- Competition list, member browsing, group browsing; we’ve tweaked the pages to be cleaner and easier to use.
Also, I wanted to take the time to introduce the newest member of the ibeatyou squad, Chris. Chris doles out lean, mean Actionscript and PHP like there’s no tomorrow, rides a motorcyle, and can rock out on the guitar. In otherwords, he’s badaaasss! Please welcome him to the ibeatyou community (once he tells me his username!)
Happy group beatdown-ing!