I’ll give you a topic. The Prince of Tides was about neither a prince, nor tides. Discuss!
- Linda Richman (Mike Meyers), Saturday Night Live skit
Haven’t posted in awhile. Been busy building new stuff with the team for the site and watching the Olympics. Sometimes at the same time. Anyways, my opening quote was to seque into a list of new things on the site. Here are a few notables:
- Group discussions - Each group now has its own discussion forum, where members can discuss whatever they’d like! Owners and captains are also given the ability to delete discussions/posts, as well as create “sticky” discussions. For instance, if you are the owner of the Michigan Wolverines group and want members to see your group’s set of rules or code of conduct (e.g., No talking about Ohio State University allowed here), you can create a “sticky” discussion containing this info. Now, discuss away!
- Better last login info - User profiles now show relative last login time. No more figuring out what PDT means in your timezone
- “All me” view in Competition Log - This is pretty self-explanatory
- Better anti-spam protection - We’ve put in some more guards to minimize spammers from contacting you on ibeatyou
We also squished a few more bugs and tweaked a few other things.
I just also wanted to let you guys know that, yes, we are listening to your feedback. We appreciate your feedback and input on how to make ibeatyou better and more enjoyable. Some things we are still working on, other things are “hidden” to you, and other things we are still planning out. Some of these things include addressing the few people who don’t play fair or nicely with others.
Anyways, we are glad to see people passionate about ibeatyou; it really makes our day when we know that people are excited, mad, angry, or happy about this stuff. Thank you all for your ideas and feedback so far. Keep ‘em coming!