Good to see you all out there competing! Here at ibeatyou HQ we are excited about some new updates on the site:
- Country and state rankings: Woohoo! Okay, not everyone can be #1 in the world like a certain someone in Australia, but now you can aim to be #1 in your country (sorry, Aussie IBYers…you may have to settle for #2). And if you’re in the U.S., you can even aim to rule the leaderboard in your home state, like how Feets dominates Tennessee! To see your current country and state ranks, you’ll have to set them in your profile if you haven’t already. If you show up as “unranked”, it just means you need to wait for the next day for our highly complex beatdown ranking systems and hamsters to calculate all the stats and your rankings.
- Easier to share ibeatyou love with your Facebook friends: Okay, we know that you sometimes log on to that site called Facebook. Now you can share any entry with your Facebook friends. When you click the Share button in the competition player, you will see a link to share the selected entry to your Facebook:
You will also see handy-dandy Share with Facebook buttons on your competition and quiz logs. Share away the classic Chubby Bunny with Soul or the recent AbbeyMagpoc’s ridonkulous 82 second phbbbbbbbttt!
- Improved Competition Browsing Menu: We wanted to make it easier for everyone to find and discover good competitions on the site, so we revamped the menu you use when you browse for competitions.
- Top Rated Competitions: To make it even easier to find the good stuff, you can now rate competitions like you do with quizzes, by beating it up (if it’s good) or down (if it sucks)! Get the worthy competitions seen by more people by beating them up! To see the Top Rated competitions, you can select Top Rated competitions in the new browsing menu dropdown.
- No Competition Creation Limits: We heard you loud and clear. You wanna make as many competitions as you can handle before passing out. So we got rid of the 10 competitions per day limit that some of you hit pretty often. It’s all good now, so create away!!!
- Competition Scroller Improvements: A lot of you said that scrollbar on the right side of the competition player wasn’t too…uh…scrolly. So we’ve tweaked it a bit, making it easier to click and drag on. Let us know if it still is not working right for you!
We squashed a bunch of bugs here and there as well, and few other things have been changed in the background to make the site run faster. Like always, we encourage you to give us your feedback and suggestions on making ibeatyou faster, stronger, and more fun.
Oh yeah, Gotgame asked us to remind everyone that is planning to come to our ibeatyou BBQ on April 25th to RSVP please!
Okay, that’s it for now.
Hugs and beatdowns,