We’ve been changing a lot recently and we’re excited to announce some big changes to how Text Competitions look and feel today!
For instance, check out this Its all Fun and Games Until competition.
- Easier reading - Just scroll down the page; no clicking required.
- Easier voting - You can quickly scroll down the page (again, no clicking to see the next entry) and vote or comment along the way.
- Pictures look better - You can mouse over the picture in each entry for a closeup. Or you can click on the entry itself (on its title or text) to see the large version of the picture.
- Easier to read comments - To see the comments for an entry, just click on the entry title or text itself. All the comments are displayed on a separate page (no need to click any tabs).
- Easier to enter - Now it’s even easier to enter a text competition. We got rid of the description field, because…er…it didn’t make sense to describe your text entry with more text. So that means less typing for you!
- Copy and paste text easily - Another side benefit is that you can copy and paste text from each entry.
Let us know what you think! We’d love to hear your feedback and what you think!
UPDATE on 8/29/2009:
Thanks for everyone’s spirited and passionate feedback! We’ve adjusted text competitions to address your biggest concerns:
- You now see 10 entries per page instead of 4
- The pagination links have been expanded to show 10 page links and allow you to skip to the top or bottom in one click
- We’ve added TurboVoting back in! When you click Turbovote, you are taken to the next entry after each and every vote!
- Team IBY