Rules for: It's National Block Party Month Contest!
Prize: Weber Grills, Prize Packs
IT’S NATIONAL BLOCK PARTY MONTH! CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: “ Official Title: "It’s National Block Party Month!" Join the block party! Upload your favorite pics of you, your friends and neighbors at an outdoor party, bbq, picnic or other event. The more the merrier! (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, and the District of Columbia who are at least fourteen (14) years old at the time of entry and who did not purchase any equipment for purposes of entering the Contest. Eligible entrants who are under the legal age of majority in their state of residence (a “minor”) should get their parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter. A minor entrant will be required to prove parental consent in the form of an Affidavit of Liability before he or she can be declared a winner and any prize can be awarded. Employees of Photobucket.com, Inc., Huhtamaki, the makers of Chinet®, and any of their parent and affiliated companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor/Administrator: Photobucket.com, Inc. 1099 18th Street, Suite 770, Denver, CO 80202
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest as well as the Photobucket Terms of Service, located at http://photobucket.com/terms (“TOS”), . Whether an entrant receives a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on 7/1/2012 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on 7/31/2012 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Contest Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, visit http://www.photobucket.com (the "Website") and follow the links and instructions to login and/or create your Photobucket account. Creating a Photobucket account is free. Once logged in, follow the links and instructions to upload and submit your original photo or video clip (the “Submission”). Upload your Submission and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration, including a valid home address. P.O. Boxes not permitted. By uploading your Submission and completing the registration, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”).
- • The Submission must be in jpg, png, bmp, or gif;
- • The Submission must not exceed 1024x768 in size;
- • The Submission must have a file size less than 1 MB;
- • The Submission must comply with Photobucket.com Terms of Service, located at http://photobucket.com/terms; and
- • The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means previously.
- • The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another person’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- • The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks;
- • The Submission must consist solely of photos or artwork created by entrant;
- • The Submission must not contain material that is hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- • The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- • The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
For all Submissions: Failure of any Submission to comply with the above Guidelines and Restrictions, as determined by Sponsor and/or Administrator in their sole discretion, may result in the deletion of your Submission and disqualification from the Contest. No Submissions will be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor shall have the right to delete, edit, adapt and publish any or all of the Submissions, and may use them in any media without attribution or compensation to the entrant, his/her successors or assigns, or any other entity. ENTERING A SUBMISSION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES AN IRREVOCACBLE ROYALTY-FREE WORLDWIDE LICENSE TO SPONSOR TO REPRODUCE AND DISPLAY THE SUBMISSION, OR ANY DERIVATIVE THEREOF, IN ALL MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVISED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE INTERNET, IN PERPETUITY. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible or misdirected Submissions. Such Submissions are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may feature any Submission submitted in this Contest at any time during, or after, the Contest Period on any related websites, in any promotional materials, whether related or unrelated to the Contest, and at any other location, whether physical or online, that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate for the operation and promotion of this Contest.
Limit: Each entrant may enter up to ten (10) Submissions per day during the Contest Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's Submissions and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
6. Judging: After the Contest Period, qualified judges selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion (the “Judges”) will select the potential Grand Prize winner(s) based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”): 34% creativity, 33% originality, and 33% fit with the theme. In the event of a tie between two (2) or more Submissions, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score in the originality category will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner.
7. Winner Requirements: The potential one (1) Grand Prize winner(s) and two (2) runner ups will be notified by email, mail or phone on or about 8/30/12. The potential Grand Prize winner(s) (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (where legally permissible) in order to claim the Grand Prize. If the potential Grand Prize winner(s) cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the applicable Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period noted above, that potential Grand Prize winner forfeits the prize and he/she will be disqualified. The potential Grand Prize winner(s) must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules; and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Failure to comply with these requirements for any reason, return of prize notification or prize as undeliverable or disqualification of any winner for any reason will result in forfeiture of prize and, the judges will select an alternate winner based on the Judging Criteria. Only three (3) alternate winners will be determined after which the Grand Prize will remain un-awarded. The Grand Prize(s) will be fulfilled approximately eight (8) to ten (10) weeks after the conclusion of the Contest. Acceptance of the prize shall constitute and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission, photos and/or prize information in connection with the Contest worldwide, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law.
8. Prize(s): One (1) GRAND PRIZE(S) and Two (2) RUNNER UPS: Grand Prize Winner: Weber Spirit E-310 Gas Grill with Chinet Prize pack $500 value/ 1st Runner up: Canon Powershot ELPH 300 $200 value/ 2nd Runner up: $150 Visa Gift Card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):$850. The ARV is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize(s) for one of equal or greater value if the Grand Prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
9. Release: By receipt of the prize(s), winner(s) agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Huhtamaki, Inc., Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies subsidiaries, affiliated and successor and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical/other error in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this promotion. In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis (eg. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the laws of the State of Colorado; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Colorado without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Colorado or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Colorado.